Wavelength: 385 – 405 nm
Formfutura Platinum SLA Series is a general purpose photopolymer SLA resin that is specifically developed to work with all open source SLA, DLP, and LCD 3D Printers in the range of 385 – 405nm. Our Platinum SLA resin is almost odorless and 3D prints with and extremely high accuracy and a very smooth surface finish.
- High-resolution 3D printing with fine detail
- Almost Odorless processing
- Excellent dimensional accuracy and low shrinkage
- Low water absorption
- Compatible with all open source SLA, DLP, and LCD 3D printers in the range of 385 – 405nm
- Figurines and model
- Functional prototyping
- End-use products
Resin properties (uncured liquid)
- Viscosity: 700 cps at 25°C
- Density: 1.12 g/cm2
Test method on post cured objects through 30 minutes high power LED curing.
|Properties||Typical Value||Test Method|
|Glass transition temperature (Tg)||54°C||ASTM D7028|
|Water absorption||0.3%||ASTM D570-98|
|Impact strength (IZOD notched)||15 J/m||ASTM D256A|
|Tensile strength||62 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Tensile Modulus||2200 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Elongation at break||4%||ASTM D638M|
|Flexural Strength||75 MPa||ASTM D790M|
|Flexural Modulus||1900 MPa||ASTM D2240|
|Shore D Hardness||78||ASTM D2240|
Please note that the above-displayed values can vary with individual machine processing, post-curing parts, geometry, print orientation, print settings, and temperature.
Preparation(s) before starting to print
- Shake the bottle for at least 2 minutes before each use.
- After shaking the bottle, leave the resin to rest for 10 minutes to let air bubbles get out of the resin
- The resin can be poured back from the vat into the bottle once your print is finished
- Always use protective measurements like safety glasses and nitrile gloves when handling resins.
- We do advise you to post-process your 3D print in order to achieve the material properties
- Rinse your 3D printed object in IPA or (Bio)Ethanol for approximately 5 minutes
- An ultrasonic cleaner is preferred/recommended
- Make sure that IPA and/or (Bio)Ethanol rinsed objects are perfectly dry before further post-curing
- Place the rinsed parts in a well-ventilated area for at least 30 minutes, or use pressurized air for at least 2 minutes
- Cure your object in a high power curing chamber for approximately 20-30 minutes at 65° C
- The preferred curing wavelength is between 300-410nm
Please always be aware that when 3D printing with resins that you are working with chemicals and that you should always be cautious and use the personal protective equipment as stipulated in our safety data sheets.
- Always wear Respiratory Protection when sanding/cutting the resin object.
- Always use nitrile gloves when handling resins and uncured resin objects.
Product export information
|HS Code: 2916140090||Description: Resin for 3D Printing||Country of origin: the Netherlands|