Nozzle: 255 – 270 °C
Printbed: 90 – 110 °C
Speed: 35 – 60 mm/s
DURABILITY AND RESISTANCE
PA12 + GF15 is another material offered by Fiberlogy, which is a derivative of Nylon PA12. It was created by reinforcing it with glass fiber (GF), which constitutes 15% of the product. This made it possible to significantly increase the durability, stiffness, and thermal and chemical resistance compared to pure Nylon. PA12 + GF15 has a stiffness of 3.6 GPa and a temperature resistance of up to 170°C.
Unlike Nylon with an addition of glass fiber, available as Fiberlogy PA12 + CF5 and PA12 + CF15, this filament offers greater flexibility, making it ideal for applications operating under variable loads and exposed to impacts.
The very low shrinkage ensures high dimensional stability. This combined with high durability makes engineering excellence achievable at home. This filament does not require a heated chamber. However, due to the high abrasiveness, steel or ruby nozzles should be used for printing in order to prevent excessive wear.
- a perfect combination of high durability and impact resistance
- dimensional stability
- resistance to high temperatures (up to 170°C) and chemicals
- resistance to material fatigue
- the possibility to print on an open printer
HOW TO PRINT:
The following parameters are only suggested print settings for this material. To ensure the best print quality, it is necessary to choose the appropriate settings for a specific printer and printing conditions.
|Printing Speed||35-60 mm/s|
|Surface||PEI, glass, masking tape|
|Retraction (direct)||2-3 mm|
|Retraction (bowden)||4-6 mm|
|Retraction Speed||20-45 mm/s|
|Notes||The material has highly abrasive properties. We recommend the use of hardened steel or ruby nozzles.
Wear gloves (the possibility of micro damages on the skin). Use a dust mask and protective glasses when processing.
APPLICATION IN 3D PRINTING:
- AUTOMOTIVE: elements in the engine compartment, housing of vehicle components, air intakes, fluid fillers
- INDUSTRY: spare parts, short series, utility models
- MEDICINE: prostheses, medical equipment
- SPORT: accessories, pads, airsoft elements