Good adhesion of your print to the printbed is a must in 3D printing! In order to keep your object fixed during printing and avoid warping, there is now DimaFix – Pen. DimaFix Pen is a new product based on the Dimafix – Fixative Spray (an aerosol spray adhesive for 3D printers with a heated printbed, which prevents warping of large-scale objects).
Dimafix – Pen maintains the same adhesion properties as the Dimafix adhesive aerosol spray that offers a strong bond between the first layer and the build plate when the bed is heated above 60ºC. Below 60ºC Dimafix becomes inactive, so prints can easily be removed from the build plate. DimaFix – Pen provides a strong bond between glass and plastic that is easy to break when needed. Dimafix is completely water soluble, so cleaning the build plate is an easy process. The Dimafix – Pen can be used more than 100 times and does not contain any gas.
Different print bed temperature results in different levels of adhesion:
Below 60ºC: Low adhesion, the objects can be detached from the plate.
60 – 75ºC: Average adhesion, for simple geometries.
75 – 95ºC: High adhesion, for complex geometries and lengthy prints.
Above 95ºC: Very high adhesion, for very complex geometries and very lengthy prints.
How to use the DimaFix – Pen:
1. Shake the Dimafix – Pen well before use
2. Check if print bed temperature is below 50ºC and apply Dimafix on your print bed
3. Wait a few seconds for the print surface to dray and heat your print bed
4. Keep the print bed temperature above 85ºC during printing
5. After printing, wait for the print bed to cool down and remove your printed object from the print bed while it detach itself
- Avoid warping
- Suitable for all types of materials (especially ABS filaments)
- Strong bond during printing
- Once printed, the piece will detach automatically
- Recommended for printing on heated beds
- Easy to clean, the product is water soluble
- Each pen can allows more than 100 uses