Wavelength: 385 – 420nm
Formfutura Dental LCD Model Resin is a high-precision photopolymer resin designed for accurate modelling of dental models, aligner models, gums, teeth, crown and bridge models with removable dies. Dental LCD Model is specifically engineered to work with all open source LCD and DLP 3D printers in the range of 385 – 420nm.
Dental LCD Model resin has a surface finish and color similar to gypsum, which perfectly accentuates depth and detail in the dental model. Formfutura Dental LCD Model resin is meant for modelling purposes only and not for intraoral use.
- High-resolution 3D printing with fine detail
- Almost Odorless processing
- Excellent dimensional accuracy and low shrinkage
- Gypsum-like texture and color
- Temperature resistant for dental aligner production
- Compatible with all open source LCD and DLP 3D printers in the range of 385 – 420nm
- Models of dentures
- Implant models
- Crown and bridge models
- Models of gums
- Orthodontic models
Resin properties (uncured liquid)
- Viscosity: 700 cps at 25°C
- Density: 1.18 g/cm2
Test method on post cured objects through 30 minutes high power LED curing.
|Properties||Typical Value||Test Method|
|Glass transition temperature (Tg)||61°C||ASTM D7028|
|Water absorption||0.4%||ASTM D570-98|
|Impact strength (IZOD notched)||17 J/m||ASTM D256A|
|Tensile strength||46 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Tensile Modulus||1100 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Elongation at break||8%||ASTM D638M|
|Flexural Strength||68 MPa||ASTM D790M|
|Flexural Modulus||1900 MPa||ASTM D2240|
|Shore D Hardness||83||ASTM D2240|
Please note that the above-displayed values can vary with individual machine processing, post-curing parts, geometry, print orientation, print settings, and temperature.
Preparation(s) before starting to print
- Shake the bottle for at least 2 minutes before each use.
- After shaking the bottle, leave the resin to rest for 10 minutes to let air bubbles get out of the resin
- The resin can be poured back from the vat into the bottle once your print is finished
- Always use protective measurements like safety glasses and nitrile gloves when handling resins.
General printing guidelines
- Burn-in layers: 2x 170 sec
- Base layer curing times at 50 microns: ±14 – 17 sec
- We do advise you to post-process your 3D print in order to achieve the material properties
- Rinse your 3D printed object in IPA or (Bio)Ethanol for approximately 5 minutes
- An ultrasonic cleaner is preferred/recommended
- Make sure that IPA and/or (Bio)Ethanol rinsed objects are perfectly dry before further post-curing
- Place the rinsed parts in a well-ventilated area for at least 30 minutes, or use pressurized air for at least 2 minutes
- Cure your object in a high power curing chamber for approximately 20-30 minutes at 65° C
- The preferred curing wavelength is between 300-410nm
Please always be aware that when 3D printing with resins that you are working with chemicals and that you should always be cautious and use the personal protective equipment as stipulated in our safety data sheets.
- Always wear Respiratory Protection when sanding/cutting the resin object.
- Always use nitrile gloves when handling resins and uncured resin objects.
Product export information
|HS Code: 2916140090||Description: Resin for 3D Printing||Country of origin: the Netherlands|